Thursday, July 31, 2008

Book: Glitz

I just finished Louise Bagshawe's latest blockbuster. Now Louise WAS my favourite chick lit author for many years, but the last two novels have been a bit off. I mean I really enjoyed this but it seems she has slapped it together whereas her first 10 or so were brilliant. Not sure if it is because she has gotten really popular or what?? Anyway, this was about 4 cousins who are accustomed to living the high life, thanks to a trust fund set up by their super-rich, reclusive Uncle Clem. But when Uncle Clem summons his nieces to his mansion in the Seychelles to announce his engagement to Bai-Ling, a woman young enough to be their baby sister, the four girls instantly know trouble's afoot. We read about them trying to stop the wedding and how the four pampered princesses have to cope without their trust fund. But as in all of Louise's books the girls find an inner strength that will be the making of them all. Ah - trashy (but great)!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey there Gemma, didn't realise you had a blog, or if I did, I had forgotten. Just bumped into it. Looking forward to catching up with you in Ballarat next weekend. cheers Marg/Maggie

Unknown said...

Hey there Gemma, didn't realise you had a blog, or if I did, I had forgotten. Just bumped into it. Looking forward to catching up with you in Ballarat next weekend. cheers Marg/Maggie