Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Book & Bookgroup: In my Skin


I really enjoyed this book for a few reasons. Firstly, it discussed a heroin addict and as I know one personally, it helped me understand them more. Secondly, the fact that she turned to prostitution was interesting as I had never really read a first hand account about it. It would be interesting to read an account from one who chose to sell themselves for other reasons, not just in order to get the money for the drugs. Thirdly, I enjoyed this because it was based in Melbourne, a place I grew up in. I always find that better as when they discuss areas you can really picture them. So all in all I enjoyed the book. HOWEVER, the ending was crap! This book was written not long after she got over her addiction but as we all know, the addiction will last a life time. I would love to see what she is up to now. It just all ended a little to nicely for me - worth the read though! We are yet to have bookgroup to discuss the book yet so not sure how the others will feel...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - that book cover is totally different to the 1st Edition I have. It almost looks like chick lit... wow!