Monday, December 24, 2012

Books in review for 2012

2012 was a bumper reading year for me. I managed to read 65 books! I was aiming for 52 (one per week) but easily surpassed this. I think I could have potentially read another 10 but I got rather sick at the start of November and haven't physically read a book since. Basically I've lost my reading mojo...  Instead I've been watching trashy TV series so I hope once I finish what I'm watching that my enthusiasm for reading returns.  But here was what I did in 2012:

Fiction: 49
Non-fiction: 16
Teenage: 0 (this really shocked me)

Of the fiction 19 were in what I would call the Australian Rural Romance genre. I just loved reading about farmers and strong independent women...  There are a ton of new releases in this genre due out early 2013 so am rather excited!

I continued with my two bookgroups. In one I read 9/12 books and the other was 10/11. That elusive 100% still eludes me.

Best book from the year is a toss up between "Shadow of the Wind" or "Sarah's Key". Both just brilliant.

So now I look onwards to 2013. Maybe I will finish a few more books in the next week but it isn't likely...  My aim for 2013 is to read 52 again. Part of me wants to say more but I need to be realistic here...

No comments: