Thursday, February 07, 2013

Monday Night Bookgroup: Its not about the bike


Summary: It's Not About the Bike is the story of Armstrong's journey from inauspicious beginnings through triumph, tragedy, transformation, and transcendence. Though he's a hero to millions, he never adopts a hero's pose. In his down-to earth Texas style, he tells of his childhood, early success, near-fatal cancer, recovery, survivorship, victory in the 1999 Tour de France, marriage, and first-time fatherhood. Everyone knows Lance Armstrong is a passionate and fearless competitor. It's Not About the Bike reveals what is truly heroic about the man: his depth of character and generosity of spirit.


What I thought: Hmm. I actually really enjoyed this book. Very inspiring etc. BUT he cheated! I ummed and ahhed about whether to bother reading it for bookgroup but once I started I was hooked. Before the cheating I would be recommending it to others but now it's like a hoax. Just because others were cheating didn't mean you had to too!

No comments: