Friday, December 07, 2007

Book: Jane Eyre

So my hubby was away and I was flicking channels and Jane Eyre had just started on the ABC. I watched it for a couple of minutes and thought - this looks good! So I quickly turned the telly off, went to my bookcase and pulled it off the shelf (I have hundreds of books which I am yet to read!). So I started Jane and boy was I hooked. Oh - what a wonderful story. Naturally it was a bit hard going with the language (and small print) but I chomped through it in about a week. I am so in love with it now. I also feel really good because I always say to myself that I should read one "classic" per year (hence when I am old will have got through lots of them!). So anyway I am on the "classics" brigade at the minute wondering what to pursue next!!

1 comment:

Tania said...

Gem you have to read my favourite - Wuthering Heights!!!