Monday, April 28, 2008

Book and bookclub: Rachel’s Holiday

I was really pleased that this was the next bookgroup book as I have quite a few Marian Keyes books on my shelves but I had just never got around to reading any of them. It was also interesting because of the 10 odd people in my bookclub very few managed to get through the whole thing. Most hated it! I didn’t mind it but it certainly wasn’t the best book I’ve ever read. Rachel was 27, a drug addict (who didn’t know it yet) and was sent to rehab. You got to meet and know all the other characters in rehab etc. but you basically worked through Rachel’s problems. I didn’t mind it as I know a recovery addict very well and it helped me to understand a bit more what they went through and how I could possibly help them. I will give Marian Keyes one more try…

No comments: