Friday, August 03, 2007

INF513 - First assignment down!!

Well - what a relief. The first assignment is down for the semester. Only 4 more to go!! I mean I can't really complain or anything because it was only 500 words, (of which mine was considerably less), but never the less it is finished. I am studying two subjects this semester. ETL525 Knowledge Management and INF513 Research Methods in Information Studies.

ETL525 has two assignments where you have to define KM and tacit knowledge and then discuss KM in your own workplace. Should be interesting. I have got through one reading so far so am trying to get my head around all the new jargon.

INF513 has three assignments. The first one (today's) in which I had to pick a area to research in LIM using "qualitative" methodologies. The second assignment then extends on these. So I picked the use of PDA's in medical libraries and hypothetically used mine as an example. We don't actually have to carry out the research or anything yet so that's ok. Not sure what the third assignment in on. Case studies or Action research or something.

Anyway, I really enjoy studying at CSU as it gives me the flexibility I need living in the country. However I can't wait for the semester to be over and it hasn't even really begun yet!!

No comments: