Friday, January 09, 2009

Ballarat Library Industry Dinner

In November (the 12th) we once again had a dinner in Ballarat for everyone and anyone who works in a library. This time it was at Rinaldo's on Sturt St. The food wasn't that good and the room was very squishy and hot. However it was wonderful to have some faces from the public library present. I sat with Helen who I know anyway as she does the housebound books and Jan who always serves me at the counter. It was nice to chat to them more informally and learn about them and their lives in libraries. Also just by chance I went to the Avoca Races for Bec's Hen's Day a few weeks earlier and saw Melissa who works at the public library (she was in the marquee next to us) so I got to catch up with her too as she was always my favourite public library worker. She went on maternity leave but is back working now, just not at Ballarat branch which is where I most often go.

No comments: