Friday, January 09, 2009

Book: The Know

The first book of 2009.

I really do love Martina Cole. I know sometimes her writing isn't perfect and that stories and characters sometimes overlap between novels but I still love her work. There is nothing like a bit of East End London Gangster/Mafia crime to get me going! The Know was a little different from the other stuff of hers I have read because it actually all took place over 6 months or so. Often her books span decades so that was a nice change. Joanie Brewer and her children, Jon Jon(18), Jeanette(14) and Kira(11) live in a run-down London Council estate. The two eldest are accustomed to crime and little Kira is innocent perfection. Then Kira goes missing... This book deals with the worst life can offer - child abduction, paedophiles and murder. But it also shows how family life can be pushed apart and thrown back together. Just brilliant!

No comments: