Friday, January 09, 2009

Uni

Ok, so back in February I told you all about how I was going back to Uni to do my MBA. The first semester of 2008 was great. I thought Accounting and Finance would be really hard and scary but I had the best lecturer I have ever had in my life. Brian West - just an amazing lecturer, truly outstanding (and that is saying something). I learnt so much and am so thankful. I put the work in and it really paid off. I am still so amazed at what I got out of one subject. Never in my previous undergrad or masters in LIS have I learnt so much. I was rewarded for my efforts too by getting a Distinction (a hard fought one I tell you!).

The other subject however was crap! Marketing is very interesting but basically it was read the textbook and understand the concepts and remember the jargon for the exam. The lecturer knew a lot but it just wasn't as good as Accounting. I also got a Distinction for Marketing though so was very pleased with myself!

I definitely know that the MBA was the right course for me to pursue. It is a little MIA right now though! You see I started Business Economics in semester 2 but was really sick due to my pregnancy that I hadn't done any reading and was falling chapters and chapters behind. So I deferred for a year and had a great 6 months off at home letting bubs grow (plus working on NLS4). I have enrolled for semester 2 later in the year but I will just wait and see how I go at home with bubs and see what I feel like doing. So you may hear more about "Organisations, Behaviour, Structure and Processes" later in the year. If not, I am sure I will one day complete this course but it just may take me 10 years!

No comments: