Wednesday, November 07, 2007

ALIA Vic Meeting and The Librarians Screening

On Wednesday October 31st I headed down to Melbourne for an ALIA Vic Committee Meeting at RMIT. It was good as we discussed our upcoming Christmas Party. Stayed tuned to the ALIA list-serves for more information! After that we headed over to Melbourne Central for a bite to eat before heading back to RMIT Library for the encore screening of The Librarians.

My thoughts? Mixed. I did enjoy it and laughed out loud but I am not sure if it was because it was funny or because I was in a room full of other ‘library people’ who were all laughing. Anyway I will definitely be watching it to see how it progresses. The first episode just introduced everyone. I read an interview about it today that said the working title of it was “Shelve this”. I wonder if it would have been so popular and so widely discussed if this was the title. Anyway, I will stick with it – it did remind me of certain public librarians I know!!

No comments: