Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Book: Unpolished Gem



Back in August I went to an author talk about this book in nearby Daylesford Library. You know when you go and you just love sitting and listening to authors talk about their works? Anyway, she (Alice Pung) was a great presenter and there were lots of things that bonded me to her - like the fact that she is my age. Anyway, the book sounded great but I resisted and didn't buy a copy, instead I reserved it. So after all the hype what did I think? You know I am a bit unsure - it has had rave reviews and I felt like during the talk I would love it to bits (as most others in the room had read and loved it) but I'm not too sure myself. I can't decide if I liked it because I was meant to, or if I didn't like it all that much? Anyway, I suppose I did enjoy it to an extent but it was one of those books that jumps back and forth through her life and you get all confused at what age she's meant to be? So, the verdict: Undecided!!

No comments: