Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Copyright and CAL

The thing I love most about my library is that I get to be involved with most of the decison making and that I am thoroughly involved in everyting we do. For instance yesterday we had a copyright question which I handled in conjunction with my boss. If I worked in an academic, public or larger library though I would miss out on lots of the queries that are received. Plus, these queries lead me onto all sort of new things.



Anyway, so with this query I contact the ALIA Copyright Advisor who was mopst helpful (one of the perks of being an ALIA member), then I was put onto CAL (Copyright Agency Limited). Even though we don't have to do anything for our patron at this stage, I still discovered heaps of new things about copyright and how it works. As it is something that doesn't arise very often apart from the usual ILL's, copyright tends to be in the background here.

No comments: