Thursday, July 19, 2007

Victorian New Graduates Group Drinks!!

Last night the Victorian ALIA NGG had a get together at Chole's Bar in the Young and Jackson Pub on Flinders Street. It was a great turnout with people from across Melbourne along with country folk from Geelong and of course Ballarat - me! One of the best things was that my friend Satu came who used to volunteer at my current workplace in Ballarat for the last few years whilst she was studying. She only moved earlier this year for a job at the Federal Court Library and we miss her terribly. However, she is doing really well and enjoying her job so that is the main thing.

After a few drinks some of us headed over to Federation Square for a quick bite to eat. I made it home just on 10:30pm so not too late. I was thinking about it on the drive home and I talked to all different people about libraries, digital stuff, movies, television, library 2.0 etc. but not about books!! I suppose that just goes to show how much libraries are changing. I suppose though that is why I like libraries. Things are constantly changing and I am forever learning and doing new things. I still however love the tradition of libraries and the fact that we can sit around and discuss Colin Firth in Pride and Prejudice without being embarassed about it!!

No comments: