Thursday, July 12, 2007

Techs on Tour: 10th Anniversary Year


As I begin to write my blog you will slowly learn things about me. One of those things is that I am on the commitee of the Victorian Alia Library Technician's Group. On Saturday we had Techs on Tour (TOT) which is an annual event where we start at the State Library of Victoria, looking behind-the-scenes. This included a tour of the preservation, conservation and storage areas, as well as a general tour of the library. What an amazing place. Then we had lunch. You can see me above with Sian (I'm on the right). Then my group headed off to Freehills Library which is a law firm library. They are on the 43rd floor and have such amazing views over Melbourne (very jealous). It was a fantastic day, enjoyed by all. I hope to add some more photos soon.



2 comments:

Jill Stephens said...

Hey Gem,

Great to hear about the 10th Anniversary of Techs on Tour. And good to read about it on your blog, I look forward to seeing more pics on here. And good on you for taking (back) up the blogging reins. It can be awesome fun and very rewarding. You go Girl !

Gemma said...

Thanks Jill. I am learning new things everyday which may sounds so simple to others but I feel great joy out of them. Take my Blogroll and Links for example. I feel like a star!!