Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Library Storytimes...

I worked back in public libraries when I was 18-21 on the service desk and in tech services so I kind of got what storytime was about - sort of...

In reality it hasn't really been embedded into me what a fantastic asset they are until I had my own kids. We go to Rhyme time every Friday to see Sam (fantastic girl - does a brilliant job). Over the past few months I have really seen Adam blossom and each week he now picks up more actions to the rhymes etc. I also love the special storytimes that we take part in.

In Library and Information week we went along for the National Simultaneous Storytime session to hear Phoebe's Feathers being read by the local Mayor. Adam hardly listened and was more interested in the toys but it was still lovely to be part of the event.

Today we went to the library and the Gruffalo came to visit. Adam is probably a little small for some of these sessions but I still get a kick out of taking him. At least he got to "draw" afterwards - one of his favourite things.

We've also been for Easter where we made a bonnet and a basket and got chocolate eggs. We've also go when authors come to read their own work. All in all a fantastic service offered but one I probably gave little kudos to until I started using it! Thanks to all the brilliant staff at CHRLC.

No comments: