Friday, June 15, 2012

Ballarat Technology Park Breakfast

On May 15th myself and a colleague headed out to The University of Ballarat Technology Park for a breakfast talk. Shane Carmody from the State Library of Victoria came to speak about The Changing Role of Libraries in the Digital Age.


Basically he discussed the Ballarat Store of the SLV and how it works and it's future, then he discussed online resources and some digitisation projects occurring at the SLV. For me I had pretty much heard it all before from one of the many talks or visits I've had to Melbourne. However my colleague was fascinated. All new information which highlighted the amazing work of SLV.

For me, it was fantastic that this sort of event was held in regional Victoria. It was also fantastic to catch up with other local colleagues who ranged from academic, school and public libraries. Makes me think that I could organise something else like this. Now just to find a library speaker who would be willing to travel...

No comments: