Thursday, June 14, 2012

Research Involvement for Librarians

Question: How are you involved in research within your organisation? Should you be more involved? Less? What are the benefits and drawbacks of being involved?

Here at my place of work and I have recently begun to get more involved with the formal side of research. This includes me being an "expert" on the Human Research and Ethics Committee (HREC) which bridges both hospitals in the region, and I'm also now sitting on the Research Advisory Committee. I feel that the library is now working much more collaboratively with the research department and that we are marketing the library in a much more positive light. But I can't help but wonder if there is more I could be doing... I know that academic libraries are very different but in special libraries we are more thinly staffed and we can't do it all... Thoughts? What committees do you sit on that you think form an essential part of your job?

No comments: