Thursday, September 13, 2007

Beautiful libraries

The following link was sent to me from a friend:

http://www.curiousexpeditions.org/2007/09/a_librophiliacs_love_letter_1.html

Check out some of the most magnificent libraries in the world. I am very jealous. I mean I love my library and am very proud of it but compared to these, mine is not as aesthetically pleasing!!

I posted the link to some e-lists and Andrew wrote back saying "Imagine doing story time in one of these". Loved it!!

I can't decide which one I most want to work in. I have visited two of them in the flesh (OK - one was the State Library of Victoria) and the other was Trinity College in Dublin. Just amazing...

1 comment:

Ross said...

We Victorians can be justifiably proud that our own SLV made the list, even if the redevelopment work there was financed from gambling revenue via the Community Support Fund.