Monday, September 10, 2007

Not happy!! Bloody IT!!

I am really annoyed - they have just banned Facebook, You Tube and MySpace at my work. I can't get into anything! I have been arguing with the IT guys all afternoon trying to convince them that we need it - not on my computer, but on the other ones scattered throughout the library.

OK - on You Tube the med students have been looking up operations - NOT ANY MORE
On Facebook/MySpace - people are part of groups that help them with their everyday work practices (OK - maybe not really). But, it does have email which then can no longer access. BUT NOT ANYMORE.

I mean, they get all these clinical staff from overseas, shove them in little houses or in an old ward and provide them with nothing! Hardly anyone has internet access from home and we don't have internet cafe's anywhere. The public library closes at 6pm. So frustrating, they are tearing them (and me) away from family and friends. Not happy Jan!!

And IT tells me it's not a good enough "business case".

OK - so I am really doing this for all the other poor unfortunates - not me!!

1 comment:

Ross said...

I wouldn't be happy either. So much for Library 2.0.