Thursday, September 06, 2007

Book: Stealing Stacey

I have just finished reading the above book, Stealing Stacey by Lynne Reid Banks. Again this one was reviewed in Good Reading magazine. It was in the junior section of my local public library but probably felt it was more appropriate to the teenage section. It was one of those things where it was sort of stuck between two different age groups. The author has it listed as "Older readers" on her website though so am going to go with the "I am right - public library is wrong" scenario! Another book about the outback (a bit of a fetish for these at the minute). Very simply written though. My one concern was that they talked of an aboriginal story (and unless I am wrong, the girl got raped). The main character didn't understand her story (talking about goannas under the doona etc.). Anyway, not a book I would recommend but good for a boring train ride!

No comments: